Monday, February 1, 2010

Disney Apocalypse??

Sleeping Beauty's Castle


Okay, maybe not an apocalypse. Probably just zombies. Because do you notice the lack of people in this castle shot? That has never happened to me before and definitely not on a Saturday. I do realize the castle is one of the most photographed objects in the park, but I can't help myself. Especially one a day of brilliant, trademark Southern California blue skies. I could do a week of nothing but castle shots, but I don't want to give anyone "pink castle illness." What, you haven't heard of that?

As I've mentioned before, Sleeping Beauty's Castle is inspired by the Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany. Herb Ryman was unsure of the design and rearranged it by putting the top on backwards before a meeting with Walt. Walt liked the switch, so that's the way it stayed (so my Disneyland Imagineering Field Guide says).

No comments:

Post a Comment