Thursday, December 10, 2009

Jack Sparrow, Captain

Disneyland 43

Cap'n Jack Sparrow


The appearance of Jack Sparrow and the Pirates of the Caribbean flicks was what brought Pirate's Lair into existence. This painting of Jack was also added to the wall in the queue area for the ride. This is one of the very few photos I have of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride because I haven't quite got manual settings down and there is no way I'm going to take flash photos and blind the other passengers.

Animatronic Jack Sparrows were added throughout the ride right about the time "Dead Man's Chest" came out. Somewhere on the net there is a video of Johnny Depp riding through to see the additions, and his reaction to the animatronic version of himself is quite funny.

2 comments:

  1. Amy - be patient and you'll figure out the manual settings! I am a former "flash" user and very glad I have mended my former evil ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I hope to. It would sure open up a whole other world of photo opportunities at the park!

    ReplyDelete