Friday, November 27, 2009

It's a Small World

Disneyland Nov. 2009


A handful of attractions and areas really get dressed up for the holidays at Disneyland, and it's a small world is one of them. The inside and outside are transformed; even the song is different. Here are the facts about the transformation straight from the copy of Backstage Pass I just received:

- it takes 20 cast members working 17 10-12 hour days straight to transform the interior
- the outside is dressed in 350,000 watts of light
- 150,000 mini lights are used just in the trees, hedges, and topiaries
- 25,0000' of extension cables and 18,000' of electrical tape are used

Wow. As you can imagine, the line for this attraction gets a lot longer this time of year, plan accordingly.

3 comments:

  1. Can I second that? {I'm sure the neighbours up the street have seen this and are trying to compete...}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right? I'd be curious to know how much their electric bill goes up when the Christmas lights go up. ;)

    Those neighbors - always gotta try and be better. I'd like to see them top it!

    ReplyDelete