Sunday, November 15, 2009

In a yellow submarine

Disneyland Halloween


I climbed in a yellow submarine the last time I was at Disneyland for Finding Nemo's Submarine Voyage. This ride opened just a couple of years ago, and I'll be honest - the line is usually a bit too long for me. However, because of a long delay at the ticket booth (we were renewing our passes and a new cast member was processing), we got a pass to get in the front of any line for any ride. We didn't even complain about the wait, just stood there patiently, but they just handed it to us anyway. After careful consideration, we decided on Nemo because we've only been on it once. I almost always pass over it once I see the line. It was nice to walk past the over an hour line and crawl right into a submarine. I took this photo just as we were chugging away into the deep ocean.

2 comments:

  1. My friend was one of the writers for Finding Nemo. They were nominated for an Oscar for the script. Did you know animation writers don't get residuals? Something the WGA has never been able to get in a contract. Oscar nominee/no resids. Shocks me.

    Tell us in a post sometime how the ride was, okay? I almost don't want to comment because I don't want you to comment back because of NNWMo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. That just doesn't seem right. At all.

    Haha, no worries. I am right on track, and I make myself write my word quota for the day before I play on the internet. :D

    ReplyDelete