Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Haunted Mansion Holiday presents

Nightmare Before Christmas Presents 1

Nightmare Before Christmas wrapping paper

After one of our first trips on the holiday version of the Haunted Mansion, we decided to attempt to recreate the Nightmare Before Christmas presents viewed throughout the ride. With help of some photo references, my boyfriend drew the images in freehand. We had a lot of designs. He also sculpted the skeleton head. The paper was a little heavier than wrapping paper. It was good that the paper was sturdy because a lot of people wanted to keep their boxes. I topped the boxes with a skull, some berries, and some grapevine stems. Photos of these presents in the Haunted Mansion Holiday ride can be seen at Daveland Web

6 comments:

  1. Great job of re-creating the attic presents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible! They are perfect replicas! Kudos to you and your husband! Some friends and I were looking into doing something similar at work. I have no idea what the program is that your husband used, but is there any chance that you would be willing to share the files?

    Thanks,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alicia,
    He used Freehand to design them; I'll see if he still has the files. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I am planning on doing a 'fake' haunted mansion/nightmare before christmas for my fiance during halloween. I have been looking for the wrapping paper for some time. Is it possible to get the file and ask a few questions about the wrapping paper?

    I am sorry to bug

    please contact me if it is o.k.

    ortega.james@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Santiago,

    I unfortunately do not have the file anymore, but I'm happy to answer any questions you have! My email address is alratcliffe@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete